Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Artist Spoken Word


Hello all. I came across an artist by the name of "Spoken Word."
She is a spoken word artist (hence the name) as well as a conscious rapper. To be honest with you; I don't remember how I came across her site. I love spoken word poetry; and I was glad I found her site. Her poetry is very deep. Her music is tight as well.[yeah, I still listen to hip hop :)] I was so moved by her work, I asked her if I could do a blog post on her; and she gladly accepted. Not only does she do spoken word, she also has a monthly newsletter titled "The Underground". A self proclaimed activist for minorities, I think that's why I was so deeply moved by her works; she's like me in alot of ways, like myself, she's a voice for the voicless. I wish more people who look like me would employ that same mindset; maybe, just maybe we'd be able to make a collective, permanent change in the Black community. If you want to check her out, you can reach her here or here.
You can purchase a copy of her album here. (The page is slow loading but the link works)

Peace.

5 comments:

field negro said...

Hi Shabazz, it's your boy field. Just checking out the new place. And I ust say that it's all that.

Keep up the good work.

Peace.

Shabazz said...

Thanks,field!
I learned from the hardest working blogger in business!

Peace.

field negro said...

Peace back! Just keep working.

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there Shabazz!

Thanks for sharing this!!

And I can't even believe that Field Negro is online doing some shout-outs so early in the morning!!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Shabazz said...

You're very welcome blackwomen...She's pretty tight, huh?
I'm going to purchase a copy of her album once my DD comes in on my debit card. I am a huge fan of music (all types) And I love spoken word poetry.
Any other notable artists I will put up on the blog, with their permission of course.(smile) You know, if we stick together and support each other, we wouldn't be in half the situations we tend to be hopelessly stuck in. I try to make it my business as a Black man to support as many causes possible. Whether it's shopping in a Black business, signing petitions, there's so many things we can do in this world to better our cause. I love my skin, my hair, and everything else that goes with being a Black man. I care about all of us. We have to work hard and be dilligent. That's the only way to make progress. Talk to you later sister.

Peace.